Budget Meals: Moroccan Lamb And Couscous
Budget Meals: Moroccan Lamb and Couscous
Try this hearty crowd-pleaser tonight for a budget friendly Moroccan style dinner.
1 lb Ground Lamb
1 Large Onion, diced
2 Cloves Garlic, crushed
1/2 cup Parsley, chopped
1/2 cup Cilantro, chopped
1 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Coriander
1/2 tsp Garam Masala
Olive Oil for sauteing
1 Medium Onion, diced
1.5 Cups Pearl Couscous
3 Cups Chicken Broth
Green onion, parsley, cilantro, and sour cream for garnish
• In a large mixing bowl combine lamb, large onion, garlic, parsley, cilantro, cumin, coriander, garam masala, and eggs. Mix well.
• Form the mixture into balls.
• Fry the lamb balls in olive oil until cooked through.
• Set lamb aside
• In the same pan, cook the medium onion until translucent.
• Stir in the pearl couscous and toast in the onion for a minute
• Add chicken broth and cook, stirring until the couscous is tender
• Return lamb balls to the couscous and warm through
• Serve with green onion, parsley, cilantro, and sour cream, (optional).
$7.98 Ground lamb
$0.26 Garam masala
$1.34 Pearl Couscous
$ 2.78 Chicken Broth
$0.30 Green Onion
$1.12 Sour Cream
Grand Total: $17.84
More budget meals to make your family smile:
Budget Meals: Fall Family Favorite, Shepherd's Pie
Budget Meals: Black Bean And Butternut Squash Chili
Southwestern One Pot Chicken Pasta
Andouille, Red beans and Rice
Vietenamese Pho Soup
Hearty And Cheesy Johnny Marzetti Pasta Bake
Budget Meals: Colorful And Tasty Stuffed Peppers
Budget Meals: Chimichurri With Chicken And Grilled Vegetables
Budget Meals: Chickpea Tikka Masala
Budget Meals: Indian Butter Chicken
Lori Stratford is the Digital Media Manager at Navicore Solutions. She promotes the reach of Navicore's financial education to the public through social media and blog content.