Budget Meals: Moroccan Lamb And Couscous
Budget Meals: Moroccan Lamb and Couscous
Try this hearty crowd-pleaser tonight for a budget friendly Moroccan style dinner.
1 lb Ground Lamb
1 Large Onion, diced
2 Cloves Garlic, crushed
1/2 cup Parsley, chopped
1/2 cup Cilantro, chopped
1 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Coriander
1/2 tsp Garam Masala
Olive Oil for sauteing
1 Medium Onion, diced
1.5 Cups Pearl Couscous
3 Cups Chicken Broth
Green onion, parsley, cilantro, and sour cream for garnish
• In a large mixing bowl combine lamb, large onion, garlic, parsley, cilantro, cumin, coriander, garam masala, and eggs. Mix well.
• Form the mixture into balls.
• Fry the lamb balls in olive oil until cooked through.
• Set lamb aside
• In the same pan, cook the medium onion until translucent.
• Stir in the pearl couscous and toast in the onion for a minute
• Add chicken broth and cook, stirring until the couscous is tender
• Return lamb balls to the couscous and warm through
• Serve with green onion, parsley, cilantro, and sour cream, (optional).
$7.98 Ground lamb
$0.26 Garam masala
$1.34 Pearl Couscous
$ 2.78 Chicken Broth
$0.30 Green Onion
$1.12 Sour Cream
Grand Total: $17.84
More budget meals to make your family smile:
Budget Meals: Fall Family Favorite, Shepherd's Pie
Budget Meals: Black Bean And Butternut Squash Chili
Southwestern One Pot Chicken Pasta
Andouille, Red beans and Rice
Vietenamese Pho Soup
Hearty And Cheesy Johnny Marzetti Pasta Bake
Budget Meals: Colorful And Tasty Stuffed Peppers
Budget Meals: Chimichurri With Chicken And Grilled Vegetables
Budget Meals: Chickpea Tikka Masala
Budget Meals: Indian Butter Chicken
Lori Stratford is the Digital Media Manager at Navicore Solutions. She promotes the reach of Navicore's financial education to the public through social media and blog content.
You can follow Navicore Solutions on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Pinterest. We'd love to connect with you.