Tips & advice on getting your finances back on track.
For the Roasted Chickpeas
2 cans Chickpeas
1/2 tsp Chili Powder
1 tsp Garam Masala
1 tsp Salt
2 tsp Grated Ginger
3 Cloves Garlic, crushed
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
2 tbsp Vegetable oil
For the Sauce
1 tbsp Vegetable oil
3 Cloves Garlic
1 inch piece of Ginger, chopped
1 Onion, quartered
2 Tomatoes, roughly chopped
1/4 cup Raw Cashews
1 tbsp Ground Coriander
1 tbsp Ground Cumin
1 Cup Water
1 tsp Chili powder
1 tsp Garam masala
• Combine all the ingredients for the roasted chickpeas in a bowl and mix well.
• Spread the chickpeas evenly on a pan and roast in the oven for 25 minutes at 385F.
• For the sauce, saute the garlic, ginger and onion in vegetable oil until softened.
• Add the tomatoes and cashews. Cook until tomatoes are soft.
• Stir in the coriander and cumin, cook for 2 minutes more.
• Blend this mixture until smooth and return to the pan.
• Stir water, chili powder and garam masala into the tomato mixture.
• Simmer for 5 minutes.
• Stir through the roasted chick peas and cook through.
Serve with rice.
This meal came to:
$0.65 Chili Powder
$0.95 Lemon Juice
$2.00 Raw Cashews
$0.21 Ground Coriander
$0.26 Garam Marsala
Grand Total: $9.93
More budget meals to make your family smile:
Budget Meals: Fall Family Favorite, Shepherd’s Pie
Budget Meals: Black Bean And Butternut Squash Chili
Southwestern One Pot Chicken Pasta
Andouille, Red beans and Rice
Vietenamese Pho Soup
Hearty And Cheesy Johnny Marzetti Pasta Bake
Budget Meals: Colorful And Tasty Stuffed Peppers
Budget Meals: Chimichurri With Chicken And Grilled Vegetables
Lori Stratford is the Digital Media Manager at Navicore Solutions. She promotes the reach of Navicore’s financial education to the public through social media and blog content.