Tips & advice on getting your finances back on track.
If you are struggling to make ends meet, it might be time to create a budget that you can not just live with but will get you back on a good financial track. Not sure where to start? We’ve got you covered with this step by step guide to establishing a budget.
How to Create a Budget
1. Start by listing all of your set monthly expenses such as your utility bills, mortgage or rent and car payments.
2. Now list all of your variable expenses such as groceries, entertainment and clothing. Don’t leave anything out.
3. Go through all of the expenses on your credit card statement. Are there monthly subscriptions or items you can live without?
4. Check your cable or cell phone bill to make sure you’re using all of the features that you’re paying for. Cancel any items you don’t need.
5. Add up all of the expenses you can eliminate. What can you do with that money?
6. Apply this newly found cash to your debts or savings account. Remember, a small amount applied to your debt or saved regularly will have an impact on your financial position over time.
Do you need some help creating your budget?
Try calling a Certified Credit Counselor. A counselor can discuss your financial situation with you and help you develop a personalized plan to solve your money problems.
Navicore Solutions provides compassionate financial education and counseling to people just like you nationwide. You can call us on 1-800-922-4557 or click here for more information.
Lori Stratford is the Social Media Strategist at Navicore Solutions. She promotes the reach of Navicore’s financial education to the public through social media and blog content.